LibQUAL+™ Survey Information
LibQUAL+™ Reviews & Reports:
- LibQUAL+™ 2007 Executive Summary – Claire T. Carney Library – UMass Dartmouth
- LibQUAL+™ 2007 – Claire T. Carney Library – UMass Dartmouth (Full Document)
- LibQUAL+™ 2003 – University Library – UMass Dartmouth
- LibQUAL+™ 2007 - MCCLPHEI (Massachusetts Commonwealth Consortium of Libraries in Public Higher Education Institutions)
LibQUAL+™ is an Association of Research Libraries sponsored web-based survey that is used internationally to help libraries define and measure library service quality. The Claire T. Carney Library at UMass Dartmouth took part in the survey during February and March period of 2007 as one of over 500 participating institutions. Seven hundred and sixty-two of our community responded and their participation and feedback will help us plan our future.
Respondents by user group:
|Undergraduate Students||543||71.26 %|
|Graduate Students||122||16.01 %|
|Staff (excluding library staff)||32||4.20 %|
The survey is a list of 22 core questions that attempt to measure perceptions of total service quality, 5 locally developed questions by our library and an open-ended comment box that many particpants to advantage of to provide us with more information. The core questions are designed to measure three sub-dimensions of perceived library quality: Service Affect, Information Controland Library as Place.
The survey questions minimum, desired, and perceived levels of services across the three dimensions:
- Affect of Service
- Courteous, caring, dependable service that inspires confidence in users
- Knowledgeable, understanding, attentive user assistance
- Information Control
- Information access enabling & available
- Collections appropriate/adequate for research
- Modern equipment & easy to use tools
- A quiet, comfortable and inviting space that inspires study and learning
- A community space for group learning & group study
- A getaway for study, learning or research
- Library as Place
LibQual Library Quality Survey Participants
80 GB iPod (compliments of Apple, Inc.) - Ally Case - Nursing
4 GB iPod Nano - Danielle Tinkham - Physics
1 GB iPod Shuffle - Kelly Roy - Softball Coach
... and 50 winners of $10 campus food certificates!
Thanks to all who participated in LibQUAL+™ 2007, the library services quality survey.
The Claire T. Carney library at UMass Dartmouth was one of over 500 participating institutions. Seven hundred and eighty-eight of you responded and your participation and feedback will help us plan our future.
LibQual - Library Food Certificate Winners