Document Delivery for Students in Fully-Online Programs
If you're a enrolled in a fully-online program, have a UMass Pass, and live in one of the 48 contiguous states, you are are eligible to receive home delivery of circulating books housed in the Carney Library. We will also scan print sections of print material, such as book chapters or journal articles, and deliver them to your ILLiad account. There is no charge for this service.
Request an article or book chapter (We will email you when the article or book chapter is read to be downloaded from your ILLiad account.)
Request a book from the Carney Library's collection (The book will be mailed to your house.)
As with most university services, home delivery of books comes with a few rules.
The OFFICIAL Library Policies require that you:
- be actively enrolled in a credit-bearing, fully-online program.
- accept responsibility for late, lost and/or unreturned items.
- agree to confirm receipt of material using a valid UMassD email address.
- have a UMass Pass to borrow library material.
- have a PeopleSoft designation indicating enrollment in a fully-online program to be eligible for home delivery
- notify the library if your UMass Pass is lost or stolen. You are responsible for all items taken out using your card.
- contact the Library's Online Support Coordinator if you need to borrow more than five books at a time.
- use your UMassD email address when making requests and confirming receipt of material.